Saturday, December 15, 2018

Only Three Weeks for Chickie's Move - ACK!

OMG, is it really only ten days until Christmas? I'd better get Sharon's gift wrapped, pushed into a box, and shipped away to her. It's not like I haven't had it for a few months, but I've had it put aside  and you know the old saying? "Out of sight, out of mind!" Bad me! I can't let this slide past, especially when I've had it purchased, and I'm not scrabbling to get something perfect at the last minute. 



I'd better get Sharon's gift wrapped and into the mail for her. It won't
be late, but Christmas is quickly approaching! 



DH is always a problem, and I suppose I am a bit of one also. My loves are reading and listening to music, and I do both of those things electronically whenever possible - Sirius and Spotify for my music, and B&N Nook Books for my reading (kindle books under duress, but as rarely as possible, and epub books from selected authors and publishing houses are slowly entering my sphere). I probably should set up a database of ebooks I own by title and author (and maybe year), but with over 1500 of them, that's a commitment to a LOT of time and effort. I'll just have to hope that Barnes & Noble stays in business - questionable for any store in this day and age. 



All My Books software program claims to easily organize both
ebooks (in most formats) and audio books. That would be a
totally awesome thing since I have well over 1000 of each format
and would love to know what I actually own. I sent a few
questions over to them and will wait for a
response. It might be a winner for me. 



I was a good boss, yesterday, and got Chickie's verification of employment and salary form filled out and sent back to her bank financing person. It's hard to believe that things are moving so quickly, but Chickie will take possession of her new duplex in three weeks! So fast! She's been packing for months, but with such a short time pending, she'll have to shift into high gear now, and I suspect she'll be requesting several days off in January to move and get things set up in her new place. Her demon-kitties will go crazy with the new digs. 



Things have been moving so quickly for Chickie and her
Mom. Two weeks ago they hadn't even heard of this
duplex, now they're almost home owners with
three weeks until closing. Ack!!!



It's definitely going to be a period of adjustment for her and for us. She won't be living a block away from the shop any more, she'll be driving to work every morning instead. That's going to change a lot of things - not only the amount she'll be spending on gas and car upkeep. It's going to change her workout schedule at her local YMCA, the grocery stores she shops at, and lots of other aspect of her daily life. I hope everything works out really well for her, but I'm quite sure she's under some major stress right now. 



It's going to be a bumpy ride for a while, and we'll
just have to hang on tightly. 



So, I'm just going to hang on for the ride. It's going to be a bumpy 6-8 months for all of us. Somehow we'll move through it and look back on late 2018 and early 2019 as our little bits of hell, but we'll hang on and be the better for it. Have an excellent Saturday and a great weekend. Tomorrow is my final Sunday open, and I'll be really happy to get my Sundays back again. Be good, have fun, give lots of hugs, and I'll be back on Monday. 




No comments: