Saturday, November 3, 2018

Two Movies On My Horizon and Daylight Saving Time Fall Back

That celebrated time of the annual cycle is coming around again - the time to "Fall Back" - in other words, to set your clocks back one hour as Daylight Saving Time comes to an end for this year. I'm not a fan of Daylight Saving Time, but I'll happily take the "extra" hour of time in my day. I'm already panicking - it's early November and I have a LOT to get finished before my after-Thanksgiving sale at the store and the beginning of the Holiday Season. I'm totally NOT ready. 



I'm unsure about whether I want to see "Bohemian Rhapsody" or not. I love
Queen, I adore the music, and if it's a good bio-pic, it would be fun to
see. But the reviews are less than stellar and are saying the music is
great but that Freddy's story, and especially his sexuality, are swept
under the carpet and not explored well. This one might be a "meh"
and a miss for me. 



Adding to my scheduling disaster is the fact that there are two movies I really want to see - "Bohemian Rhapsody" and the new "The Grinch". I want to see "Bohemian Rhapsody" because ... well ... Freddy Mercury and Queen. The reviews are saying it's soft on the story but that the music more than makes up for that. That might work for me - it's the music I want ... and Freddy Mercury. What a genius! However, the more reviews I read, the more it's sounding like this one missed the target. 



I love the Grinch, and especially his dog, Max. Now he's adding
to the cuteness factor with an overweight reindeer (that I originally
thought was a musk-ox or a yak) as he goes to steal Christmas
from the Whos down in Whoville. 



As for "The Grinch" ... yes, there have been what seems like a few billion variants out there of this classic Dr Seuss tale, but with Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch ... it's got to be good. It's a bit of a switch on the standard tale, but features the same characters we have learned to love over the years - the Grinch, Max, and little Cindy-Lou of Whoville. Chickie and I are already planning to make this one a must-see. I suspect DH might allow his arm to be twisted for "Rhapsody", but doubt he'll tag along for the "Grinch", so that one may be a girls-night-out for Chickie and me. 



Don't forget to set your clocks back, if you're in the USA and in an
area that uses Daylight Saving Time (most of the nation, but not
everywhere). Enjoy your extra hour of sleep. 



Today's post is short and sweet, though. It's a Saturday, I have a ton of work to do at the shop today, and I awakened early this morning, so I'm 'slightly' ahead of schedule. I'm going to try and keep it that way and sign off here. Enjoy your extra hour of sleep in most of the USA, and have a great Sunday. I'll return on Monday. 





No comments: