Thursday, November 8, 2018

Looking For A Domino

My Medicare insurance meeting went well - I had an hour time slot and we ran five minutes over. I peppered him with questions but got the answers I needed. Now to get DH moving very quickly because we're WAY behind time for him to have done some things with Social Security. It's a mess, but I think/hope we can pull this out of the fire and make a few miracles happen if everything falls into place. It's rather like those domino sculptures where one push makes the entire thing fold over and open into something miraculous. That's what I'm looking for - a small miracle. 



I'm feeling the domino effect right now. Every action leads
to the next and each needs to happen in distinct order. 



Meanwhile, the stress is really wrecking my sleep cycles. Too much of A must happen before B, and those must happen before C, and all of this has to happen before December, and then D has to fall into place before the end of the year. I turned into a catatonic person last night at around 8:30, so I called it an early night and went to sleep. Then I awakened at 12:30 am, couldn't get back to sleep, so finally gave up and got up at 1:10 am, did some more Medicare and Social Security research, printed out some documents, and went back to bed a half-hour later. I finally got another hour of sleep, but I'm a bit of a zombie today. 



Here's a domino effect that's a bit fancier. It would actually be rather
fun to set one like this off. 



Between all of this, of course, I'm heading into my holiday season at the shop, and my two annual sales - an after Thanksgiving 2-day sale and our after Christmas 3 or 4-day sale (I haven't made up my mind on this one yet). I have to get my mailing lists in order and check prior years sales notifications. It's usually a simple copy and send, but there are always some changes and I have to be accurate with dates and hours, etc. 



Of course, if you don't enjoy dominoes, there's always Rube Goldberg. 
The consequences of each action on every other action to
create an end result ... that's what I need to happen. 



Just one word of advice for my US friends who might be looking at their own retirement and Medicare coming up. The window for Social Security is three months before your 65th birthday, the month of your birthday, and three months afterward. It's actually a generous time frame, but I'm trying to compress this for DH into two weeks. Yeah - a miracle would be handy right about now. I need a Moses to part the Red Sea of paperwork and governmental stuff. 



The entire concept of parting the Red Sea has always been
fascinating to me. I do expect, however, that the sea bed
would have been a wet and muddy mess to walk on. Still,
to walk between walls of water like that - spooky! 



Have a wonderful Thursday. I have a feeling I'll be existing on strong coffee for the day followed by another restless night. *sigh* I'll be back tomorrow, though ... Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel. 




No comments: