Wednesday, October 17, 2018

First CALL OUT FOR CARDS Opportunity - House Mouse

I had promised myself that decisions would be made yesterday regarding this year's holiday card, and they were. I'm shelving my original plan for this year's theme and shifting gears to brightly colored packages and mice - happy mice. Mice are cute (except when they're running around in my house), and I can pull this card together relatively quickly. I'm still undecided about whether I'm including a gift in this year's card or not, but the theme, at least, has been decided. 



This year I'll be featuring images by House Mouse Designs, and
hand-coloring them for my cards. I'll be peppering my post today
with non-holiday images of House Mouse. So cute! 



That said, I'm putting out my first call-out for cards. Here's what I need. 

(1) If you got a card last year and are still at the same address, I'm pretty good with things as they are and will be working off last year's master list of addresses. 

(2) BUT - If you've moved since last year's card, and would like to receive this year's card, please message me your new address so that I can update my records. I may already have updated them, but better safe than sorry. 

(3) If you haven't received a card from me in the past but would like one, message me and I can add you to the list. There are always some people who drop off the list, so I usually have room to add a few new people. 



Here's a sweet House Mouse image to celebrate a new
baby. My friend Rashel brought her new baby boy,
Braxton, to the bym yesterday to show him off. Born
at the end of September, he's so young and sweet! Still,
I'm happy I never had children. She has the energy to
take care of him, I'm not sure I would have at her age. 



Is it early to be thinking about Holiday Cards? Not really. My cards are Solstice cards and my annual goal is to have them in the mail by Winter Solstice. The cards are hand-made, and I have a firm total of no more than 50 cards. This year my total will be 46 cards available to send, but I think we'll be OK no matter what. I do this because I enjoy doing something creative - it keeps me happy and focused on the mundane. I need fun to balance out the search for health insurance and Medicare plans - LOL. 



Here we have the fun of Autumn combined with the winds
of Spring as the House Mice fly brilliantly colored leaf kites. 



So there you go - my first CALL OUT FOR CARDS this year. Remember, if you got one last year, you're on the list, but also remember that I always change the list a little bit, so it never hurts to be sure you're on it. Cheers! Have a great Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 





No comments: