Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Books, To Be Read Lists, and Libraries

We're creeping through the month. Samhain is next week, and then it's November! I'm also creeping along - and trying to get something accomplished on my holiday cards each day. Yesterday morning I finished the first image on the cover, now I need to move onward to either the interior or the top heading for the cover. I'm uncertain about which direction I want to move next, so it's just as well I have a day at home today to work on the envelopes instead. If everything works well (my initial test was "meh") I'll have a nice decoration on the back of the envelope. If today's second test also turns out "meh", I'll scrap the initial idea and look for a different direction or a different material to work with. 



Since I'm talking about books, let's look at some libraries. This is
the Geisel Library in California. Great architecture with
lots of light through those windows. 



I made the mistake - well, not so much a "mistake" as a "giving in to temptation" - of revisiting a three-book series by a favorite author over the past week+. I don't regret the time spent with my nose in her books. Far from it - I certainly wouldn't waste my time reading them if I didn't enjoy them. I was reading them because I wanted to revisit the backstory for her current books four and five - four which I read earlier this month, and five which just got released a few days ago. It's been wonderful to dive back into her world, but the only books of hers on my TBR list were books 4 and 5, so my list keeps growing. 



I've had photos of the Kansas City library before, although this is one
of the nicer photos. I'm not sure if the library is in the Missouri or the
Kansas side, though. It could be either/or. 



I never mind having a long TBR list, though. I actually had one point earlier this year when there were only three or four books on my TBR from this year, and a few carry-overs from earlier years. I was almost panicked, but by the time I got to the bottom of those few books, the list had grown once again. It jumped a LOT, a week or so ago. I had more than 20 ebooks stacked up in my Barnes & Noble shopping cart. It took a while to enter all of those titles into my list after I checked out. Now I'm happy. I have a lot of fun books to work through on that list, and a few that I will move up the pile to be priority reads - just because - LOL. 


Here's a library I hadn't seen before. The Beinecke Rare Book and
Manuscript Library at New Haven, Connecticut, is one I'm unfamiliar
with, but it looks really interesting. I'd love a look at this building and
how it functions. 



Do you keep a TBR list? There's something wonderful about checking books off the list and looking back at the end of each year. Maybe it's a good thing there's still 2+ months left in the year, I'll be able to check off more books. I'm wrapping this up and moving along. It's my "day off" and the schedule is crowded, as usual. Have a fabulous Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 



No comments: