Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Shadow Is Home and the Garage Is Crowded

Just a quick post today, although I never seem to be successful with that idea. DH and I met at the car dealer's at 6:30 pm last night. He drove Ghost, all cleaned up and beautiful. He said that he hadn't seen the car that clean since he got it from me so many years ago - LOL. It looked darned good for a 25 year old car. I brought the title, we had the insurance cards and a checkbook, and the new truck was parked just outside our salesman's window. 



A little darker grey color and this would be a good photo
of what we ended up getting. I'll try to take a photo or
two of the car today, if I get a chance. 



Doing the last of the paperwork for the trade-in was easy, they offered us $300 and we took it. We weren't going to quibble at that stage, and it was pretty darned fair for such an old car. Joshua went over the interior features, helped get our phones synched to the truck, and made sure DH knew where everything was. We got the truck bed mat installed, checked out the lights, looked under the hood, and found out how to get to the gas tank - all important things. 



There were a LOT of pieces of paper to sign. DH decided to go ahead
with the eight-year 100% covered extended warranty. I think he
probably made the right decision with that. All in all, it will give
him some peace of mind at a relatively reasonable cost spread
over the eight year period of time. 



Joshua checked with finance and there were three people ahead of us in line to purchase. Apparently that was quite unusual for a Tuesday. My luck! We didn't get into finance until after 8:00 pm! It only took about 15 minutes for us to sign a bunch of paperwork and DH to write them a check. Apparently I'm the primary owner of Shadow - what fun! I'm sure it's because Ghost's title was under my name, but it's only fair since DH is the primary owner of Minion. 



The view of the rear is pretty nice. The lights are clear
and easy to see, and turning signals are very evident to other cars. 



I followed DH home last night - Shadow looks darned good from the back view - and guided him into the garage. He had spent hours yesterday cleaning not only Ghost, but also the garage, making sure that we would have room to park the two cars. It's a lot tighter getting in and out and between the cars, but they do both fit. We'll have to be careful not to scratch them if we're carrying something that might hit one or the other car, but we both fit, and we can both get into and out of the cars. A total win/win. 



The panel is high-tech, but not overwhelming. I think he's
going to like having a pick-up and his FIRST new car! 



I finally had a chance to grab some dinner at 9:00 pm and actually managed to get to bed by 9:30 pm, less than 1/2 hour later than my usual. If it had been much later, I might have blown off the pool today, but I'll just be a bit tired in the water. I'll wake up. 

So, success. I'll examine the paperwork carefully today, reading through every line. If everything checks out, I'll file it and call this adventure finished. Then it's time to start researching Medicare plans and which health provider we want to choose. That's coming up quickly. *sigh* No rest for the wicked (or the very good). Have an excellent Wednesday and think positive thoughts. I'll be back tomorrow. 



No comments: