Thursday, September 20, 2018

A Tale of Two Trucks

This will be short and sweet today because I finally got a good night's sleep and thus, am running a tight time schedule to get to the pool on time this morning. Today's post is a tale of two trucks, and I'm starting with one that bothered me for a week. 

I live across the street from the campus of a small, private Christian university. Although most students park on the campus (I think their parking permit costs $200/school year), many others park in front of their dormitories and still others commute and park on the street. There is a short section of road where parking is allowed, but most of the road in front of my house is restricted parking - no parking from 8:00 am through 6:00 pm. Illegal cars parking in that section occurs daily, especially at my house since mine is the first house after the permitted parking zone. I'm not ashamed to say that I contact the police often to issue parking tickets. Usually a single ticket is enough to teach the lesson. 



The police tow rig (a pretty impressive set-up) had that illegal
truck rigged and towed within 10 minutes. Finally, after a
week, it is gone! 



Last week, Wednesday, the 12th, a large black pickup truck parked too close to my driveway in the illegal zone. It was ticketed on Thursday, but nothing happened. Other cars came and went, other tickets were issued, but the truck sat there. It had Nebraska license plates, so I could tell at a glance that it was the same vehicle. On Tuesday the 18th I contacted the police, hoping for a solution. I reported how long it had been parked illegally, that it had already received a ticket, and that it had not moved at all in almost a week. The police placed a larger notice on the windshield, and yesterday afternoon, this happened ... SUCCESS. The truck is gone. Maybe it was stolen, maybe it was abandoned, or maybe a student will have a very expensive impound fee, but it's gone and I'm SO happy. 



Shadow is home. It's a tight fit, less than four inches between the
front bumper and the drying wood and extension ladder, but it
fits and it seems happy. Crowds aren't always bad - LOL. 



I'm including one more photo for you in this truncated entry today. Here is Shadow, comfortable in its new home yesterday morning as I was leaving for the gym. Sorry about the reflections in the photo, but you can see - it's a bit of a tight fit. Still, it works. We may have to do some shifting - move the snow blower from one side of the garage to the other. DH will check that out today as he fine tunes things. But I'm very happy, my (our) pickup truck is home and looking VERY happy. DH is thinking it might become my pickup after two-three years and he'll drop down to a sedan. We'll see. I'd love that, but the mileage won't be as good for me, and I do love my Minion. 

So there you have it - a quick Tale of Two Trucks. I hope you have a phenomenal Thursday and that everything goes smoothly for you. As usual, my plan is to be back tomorrow. Huzzah! 




No comments: