Saturday, July 7, 2018

Le Tour de France Begins - Two Stage Profiles and a Shed Update

There is something really wonderful about waking up on a Saturday morning at 4:00 am, wandering downstairs, and being able to turn on the television for the live broadcast of the beginning of Stage One of Le Tour de France. My summer is now officially in the groove. I have another large pile of sand on tarps in my front yard, DH is working hard on the backyard project, year 3, and the weather looks perfect for the outdoor pool in an hour-and-a-half. 



Day One stage will take the boys from the island of
Noirmoutier-en-L'ile heading south down the
Atlantic coast of France toward Fontenay-le-Comte.
It's a sprinter's stage, so who will put on the first
yellow jersey of the 2018 Tour de France? 



Over many years, Le Tour has been a watershed time of the year for me. When I think back over the years, I've worked on some major projects during Le Tour - designed holiday cards, worked with colored wires and shaping aids, and started the serious beading on my Pegasus-styled Hobby Horse, a project that was accepted for two separate art exhibits. I've sanded wood, set gemstones, decided on colors and written short stories for publication. July is a highly productive month for me. 



Sunday will be Day 2 of Le Tour de France, with a few
larger hills. They won't be directly on the French
coastline for this stage, but they're still on the far
western side of central France, getting into position
for Monday's Team Time Trial. 



This year I'll be finishing my Carrier Bead necklace (I promise photos when I've got it complete), focusing on this year's Holiday card, and trying to ease back into a creative schedule. But it's just the first day of Le Tour, I have many days left to enjoy the event. I'm so excited and happy to see the bicyclists making their way through France once again. 



I mentioned that DH got a shipment of river rocks and thought you might
want to see what he was doing with them. He designed the footing around
the storage shed. It covers the metal framing that the shed rests on, has
weed blocker at the bottom, the tall edging set, then filled it with the river
rock to help with drainage and stability. It's quite lovely. 



I'm cutting this short today because I started talking about some maudlin topics and while reading over for typos, etc., I decided that was ridiculous. I didn't need to share negative thoughts on what really is a positive and sun-filled day. So, my computer happily deleted the darker clouds from my public psyche and the sun is shining once again. I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back with you on Monday. 


No comments: