Thursday, May 17, 2018

Another Credit Issue - This Is Getting Old

After a rather strange phone call from a large financial institution yesterday, I spent more than an hour working with the LifeLock and Experian accounts I had set up after our financial identity scare of early April. I had set things up to be notified in case people were snooping around our financial information, and LifeLock notified me via phone and emails that we had people sniffing around. Experian, although they were also supposed to notify me, did nothing. 



LifeLock came through - phoning and emailing me when
they found out someone was nosing around our credit. 



So yesterday I strengthened the boundaries and locks around our data with Experian and broadened the reach of our LifeLock, and today we'll have to deal with the phone call from the large financial institution. I suspect someone was trying to set up a credit card under DH's name. I think I got it nipped in the bud quickly, but I'll have to do some more stuff later today, and there's one credit card company that can only be notified by mail - Ick! 



I wasn't as happy with Experian, who didn't notify
us even though they were supposed to. I strengthened
our file boundaries there and spent more than an hour
going through everything I could access on
their website. I hope I caught this on time. 



I think I caught this in time, and I also think this was only tendrils of slight touches to see how far things could go. It's harsh, though, and DH is quite upset by the whole thing. I couldn't run interference for him on the phone call yesterday, because the large financial institution insisted that they had to speak with him directly. DH will phone them today, and possibly/probably tell them that I'm authorized to take care of all of this for him. We'll find out, at any rate. If he doesn't get anywhere with them today, he'll come to the shop tomorrow and we'll call from there because there we can both be on the phone together at the same time. 



Like most days, yesterday was a day of ups and
downs. This financial stuff - a definite roller
coaster. 



So, a definite downer in my day yesterday, although I also had a positive upper by getting an opportunity to chat with Aearwen for more than an hour yesterday afternoon. That was unexpected, since her original schedule had caused her to cancel our weekly chat. Her circumstances changed, and we were able to catch up after all. It's always a high point to my week, so I was delighted to discuss everything under the sun with one of my good friends. 



It's always a joy to get to chat with Aearwen on my
Wednesdays. We've been chatting weekly for
years now and never seem to run out of things
to say or conversational avenues to walk down. 



And that brings me to the end of another blog post. Funny how quickly time goes by when I just sit down and start writing in the morning. I hope each of you has a wonderful Thursday and I'll be back tomorrow. Also, don't forget - the Royal Wedding is EARLY Saturday morning, so plan your schedule. I'll have to make sure I'm up in time to have it on in the background, I want to see Meghan's dress! 


No comments: