Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Wednesday Is Run-Around Day

It's 3:50 am and I already have one wash load running. One would think I'm in a house with many children, all under the age of five, for the number of loads I try to push into a Wednesday. That's far from the case, though. I wash for two adults with clothing and assorted bedding and towels and sports stuff to wash. Still, since I prefer to only run the dryer when I'm present in the house, I have to cram the loads into my "day off" or the occasional quick "wash early, dry late" load on any other day. 



My washer and dryer are the stars of the show on my
Wednesdays. The dryer needs work from the appliance
repair guy, but I can't schedule that until another
month or so has passed. $200 isn't a lot for a repair,
but I have to budget for it. 



Since we're finally warm, I'd like to add our winter coats to today's loads, but I suspect I'll still push that off another week or two. I think we're finally finished with snow and ice for the season, but we might still get a quick freeze, and if so, I'll be happier with my winter coat than my leather biker jacket while I stand outside waiting for the gym to open at 5:00 am. 



I want to go to the Minneapolis Institute of Art's exhibit on
China that they are currently featuring. It ends at the end
of May and is supposed to be spectacular. DH probably
won't enjoy it quite as much because it is a sensory experience
and his hearing pulls some of that away from him.
He'll go because I've asked him to go, though. 


I have to try and remember to purchase museum tickets for an event I want to see. Since I want to go there on the first Sunday of May, I'd better get my act together. The problem with the tickets is I would have purchased them two weeks ago except they require an actual phone call for them. Their online website doesn't accept ticket orders. So silly! But I'll manage, as long as I remember to phone them.  



I ordered a small selection of white pens from Jet Pens six
weeks ago (great customer service and selection from
there too). I'm hoping I'll get really good coverage over
black paper, but I'm going to try them out on olive green
first. 


I have a pad of multi-colored dual surfaced drawing paper on my desk and three different white pens that I purchased a few weeks ago sitting alongside it. I really want to try the pens out, and I've had a man's face in mind for a week or two since I caught a glimpse of him in the car next to me. If I have any time to indulge today, I'll try the pens out. I'm hoping they'll provide the coverage I'm envisioning, White pens on dark paper often end up looking grey. I'm hoping for a blinding true white. 



It's going to be a busy day, but that's not unusual
for my "day off". 



So, my "day off" will be spent in the usual way - shopping, laundry, computer stuff, and hopefully a little bit of something creative. I'll see what actually ends up happening - LOL. Still, it'll start out right - a nice, brisk swim alongside my YMCA friends, Rosemary and Meg. A good start to my day. Have a great Wednesday! 


No comments: