Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Let's Return to "Normal"

I got most of the driveway shoveled yesterday morning before heading out for my swim and Chiropractor appointment. Of course, the snow plows had to mess me up. I had cleared all of the plow vomit when the monstrous plow came by again, I went to the end of the driveway and shoveled most of it away - not quite as neatly as the first time, then moved up to take care of the front walkway when ... you guessed it! Once again a plow drove by, spewing new crap on my drive. I left it. I cleaned off the walkway, found the Sunday paper (which probably wasn't actually delivered util early Monday morning), and left for the gym. Enough was enough. 



Snow plows are essential in the Frozen Northlands, and we have a great
group of drivers. They work long hours in some harrowing conditions.
I just get a bit upset when they re-cover what I just uncovered -
multiple times. But our streets are really nicely cleared, quickly
and efficiently. 



I posted photos of before and after at my back door and front walkway for the shop on my Facebook page. It was a solid hour of shoveling there before I had things cleared from my back and front doors. I definitely got my exercise in - no question! Our next snowstorm is due on Wednesday, but that's only supposed to give us an inch or so. Piece of cake! LOL



Let's all celebrate the good times. For me, that's a few
days without snow, and a chance to relax a bit. 



I'm rather looking forward to a "normal" day today. People were still digging out yesterday, and schools throughout the area had been cancelled, so store sales were light. I'm hoping things kick into a higher gear today and that people venture back out after digging their homes and cars out of the snowbanks. The roads are quite passable now, even the side streets, so no more excuses. It's time to shop! 

Here's hoping that all of you have a day that is "normal" for you too. Sometimes normal is such a wonderful thing. Stay safe, stay warm, and happy Tuesday. I'll be back tomorrow. 


No comments: