Thursday, March 22, 2018

Upcoming Things and In-the-Works Projects

Yesterday was a smooth day - one of those days where a lot got done, but there was still time to work on this or that "special project" and read for a bit too, without crunching my time. It was glorious. Next week's "day off" won't be so kind. Next week I'll spend a good part of the morning getting an eye exam - something I desperately need. 



The crazy machines they have you look through for
determining your correct prescription. Your eyes are
dilated, and you're always making choices - "Which
is better? This, or this?" It's rather annoying, but
necessary. 



It's really no fun to be a detail-oriented person, and have a seriously out-of-date prescription for corrective eyewear. I've needed an update for more than three years now, and it's gotten horribly bad. I'm always adjusting my glasses, and in January I suddenly developed two floaters in one eye. That was the tipping point. Time to make the appointment and get looked at. 



I am grateful that I won't have to make a decision about
eyeglass frames. I actually have three pairs of
custom-made unique frames that I've bought
over the years. I'll send them out and get
new lenses instead of purchasing new glasses. 



I go to a large clinic with branches throughout the metropolitan area. Of course, I needed a Wednesday appointment because it's my only day off. I'm ending up having to drive to one of the far southeasterly suburban locations for this exam. I guess I'd better check out Google maps and figure out the best way to get over there. I'll probably have to keep my wet things in the back of my car for hours and go straight over to the clinic from the gym. We'll see. 



The images I'm working with feature wolves. I really
love this original oil painting, but it's not the direction
I want to head with this. I love the piece, though. 



I'm continuing to work on my T-shirt design. I had the chance to work on some templates yesterday and hope to make some changes, group them the way I want, add depth and design, and finally start to call it my own design within a few days. If I had just wanted to throw things onto the shirt, it wouldn't have been a major deal. But I want this to be nice, and to possibly raise some money for a charity that's dear to me. So I'm taking the extra time to make it right. 

Tonight is Project Runway All-Stars and we're down to the final five contestants. It's all guys now, so let's see what they get up to in the workroom. I'll report on the workroom tomorrow and do the reveal on Saturday, as usual. I think the guest judge this week is Nina Garcia. I adore her, so I'm really looking forward to this episode. Have a wonderful Thursday and stay safe and warm. 


No comments: