Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sometimes Electronics Is A PITA!

I'm having electronics problems in my life - little things that are driving me CRAZY. Two major ones right now are the issue with my "N" key on my computer keyboard and a problem with my phone. Both are pretty important. 



It's hard to write smoothly without a
reliable "N: key. It's used in so many words! 



The "N" key on my computer keyboard is working every other time I push it. Hmmm .... Have you ever thought about or calculated how many times the letter "N" is used in the English language? It is the 5th most frequently used letter in English - that's a lot of relying on a key that is wonky. Argh. For now, I'm typing with greater care and a bit less speed and that's catching almost all of the non-appearances, but it a word looks wrong to you, the reader, I might have missed a missing "N". It's not quite bad enough to justify purchasing a new keyboard, though. I'm going to try and hang onto this one for a bit longer. 



I love my phone. I have it with me all the
time. The fact that it isn't working properly
is really bothering me - a LOT. It's getting
worse, so I'm hoping my local computer
repair store can replace the charging
coupling. It will be less expensive than
buying a new phone. 



My phone, on the other hand, is becoming a much different problem and that's always a very expensive thing to replace. I love my Motorola Droid Turbo 2. I've been using Motorola phones for more than a decade and they work really well for me. But the charging receptacle in my phone has gong wonky and I have to fuss and fight to get the phone to accept a charge. I can't be without a phone, so this is a serious problem. 



ARGH!!!!! I adore my electronics, but hate it when they
won't work the way they are supposed to. 



I'm going to take some time at the shop today (provided I can eventually get the phone to charge back up once more), take screenshots of my icon arrangements and notes about my icon clusters, and tomorrow, I'll take a look at phones at my local Verizon store. I am not due for an upgrade until later this year, so I'd have to pay off my "old" phone in order to get my "new" phone. I really don't want a new phone, so I'm also wondering how difficult it would be to get a new female charging coupling replaced in my current phone. The problem with that is I might have to leave the phone, and I can't do that. The phone is my emergency contact for too many things and it's with me pretty much 24/7. 

I'm hoping for a repair, though. I've set up an appointment for 10:00 am tomorrow morning at a local computer and phone repair store, that just happens to be in the same shopping center as my Verizon store. If they can't fix my phone, I guess I'll go down the block and shop for a new one. I really hope they can fix my phone, though. Much easier and less expensive that way. 



When everything works well, it's like music. Today, things
seem a bit discordant, instead. *sigh*



What the heck did we all do before smartphones, computers, and these wonderful communication devices that allow us to make friends across the world? There is so much good that can happen because of those hands reaching out and contacting each other. Of course, not everything is daisies and lollipops - communication is as two-edged as any other sword. But I think the more we know about each other, the fewer monsters live in the closets. So, on that note, have a wonderful Tuesday. I'm hoping I won't be driving on ice to the gym today - we had freezing mist last night, so ice is a distinct possibility. I just might grab a walking stick for extra stability today. 


No comments: