Thursday, January 18, 2018

I Love My Local Grocery Store

My local grocer is undergoing an immense, store-wide remodel. New shelving is being installed for merchandise, along with new freezer and refrigerator cases and shelving, new cash register lanes and a new extended-length salad bar. I love the new look a lot, but of course it also means that I can't find anything quickly any more. It's going to be quite beautiful when it is finished, and I already thought it was pretty darned nice. 



Both Lunds & Byerly's grocery stores have been around for more
than 50 years. They merged several years ago and have been
updating and remodeling their stores ever since. It's time for
my local branch to get a re-do and even though it's annoying
to live through, it's going to be glorious when completed. 



What brings on this topic? Yesterday, on what happened to be my "day off" and the day I normally go grocery shopping for the week, they had a "flash sale" for the day. I got the text early in the morning - "Flash Sale - Salad Bar $3.99/lb from 9 am - 9 pm only". It was limited to two pounds at this price, but you can get a lot for two pounds of salad bar. I knew what lunch would be - LOL. So I indulged in a wonderful salad bar experience and treated myself to lettuce along with extras of marinated and raw mushrooms, crab pieces, bacon, dried cranberries and fresh goat's cheese on top of my usual green things. It was delightful, and only weighed 1 lb, 6 oz, so quite inexpensive. 



Three photos of the Woodbury store after their remodel ended last
year. They've already installed the hot meal bar at my location, and
were working on the fresh vegetable department yesterday. 



I love it when I can eat healthy and still have something tasty to eat. I do eat a lot of salads because I enjoy them. I also have my weekly baked chicken meals, but salads are my mainstay. I won't be indulging in my grocer's salad bar often, the usual price is hefty. But it was a delight to have two excellent salads yesterday - the fancy one for lunch, and my more standard one for diner. A total win/win. 



The salad bar selection has more than doubled and yesterday's "Flash Sale"
was a nice introduction to their new offerings. I approve - it was a
delightful lunch. 



Tonight is "Project Runway All Stars", so tomorrow's post will be a no-spoilers synopsis and Saturday's will be the Runway looks and the final results for the week. I'm trying to remember what the designers will be working with today, but can't bring it to mind. No matter, it's Runway, it's personalities and fabric, and it's fun. Have an excellent Thursday, I'm going to enjoy our little heat wave before Sunday brings back our snow once more. 


No comments: