Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Aggravations Are Passing Blips

I generally love living up here in the "Frozen Northlands" of the USA, but in winter it is debatable. Winter's a beautiful season - there's nothing quite as stunning as looking at dawn's light spreading across expanses of snow and the bones of trees. There's also nothing much nicer than looking out at falling snow and settling into your favorite chair to read a good book or work on a project, knowing you don't have to be outside in the weather. Mornings like today, however, aren't quite as nice. 



Winter is a beautiful season. It features snow, ice, and deadly cold,
but also landscapes of unparalleled wonder. 



It's not snowing. It would almost be better if it was, because usually the temperatures are higher when snow is falling. No, it's clear and cold - really cold. Although the actual temperature is only negative 1 (-1 F = -18.3 C), we have a breeze blowing. Breezes are wonderful in the summer when we're wilting from the heat, but in the winter they really suck. My negative 1 F temp will feel like negative 16 (-16 F = -26.6 C) when I leave for the pool in a bit less than an hour. That qualifies as icky in anyone's book, 



I currently have an older version of the Epson Workforce.
It's been a great printer and I've worked it to death.
I'm thinking about getting the WF-3620 this time.
I like Epson printers - they're generally reliable, give
good quality printouts, and don't cost a lot to get. 



Remember my printer woes? I've tried just about everything to get them resolved, but since the printer was starting to have issues anyway, DH and I have decided to go ahead and purchase a new one in another week to ten days. These days the printer isn't the expensive thing, it's the ink for the printers that's the killer. Unfortunately, I'll end up wasting about $100 worth of ink cartridges when we trash the printer. Still, we both agree - we must have a working printer at home. We rely on it too much to be without one. 

The nice thing about my aggravations is that they can be resolved. I can bundle up in a warm coat when I go out into my frigid temperatures today, winter eventually will pass into spring, and purchasing a new printer isn't the end of the world. I wish world problems like hunger and hatred were as easily solved. Pass along a little kindness today - buy someone a cup of coffee, bake a favorite treat for your family, help out at a homeless shelter, or just play with a child or a pet. A little happiness can go a long way. Enjoy your Tuesday, I'll be back tomorrow. 


No comments: