Monday, December 11, 2017

Working and Holiday Gifts

I really hate working six-day weeks. I worked them when I was younger, even worked two or three jobs at a time when we needed the money. But now I'm older. have less energy, have a bit more in the bank, and really don't need to work extended hours and days. Except that I do ... work them, I mean. On an average day I'm in the shop between 7:00 am and 7:45 am and I leave around 6:15 pm. I'm even in the shop on my day off in the morning to make sure all of the computers turn on properly and that there are no software issues. 



Everybody's week is actually long, it's defined by what
gets packed into it. Mine is starting to be really boring.
Ick! 



Averaging things out, I'd say my average week is about 60 hours in the shop. That doesn't mean I'm just working on business. I surf the net, write a bit in my blog, yesterday I ordered holiday gifts for my BFF Sharon and the Chickie. So it's not all work and no play. But still, it's a lot of hours to spend in a place that I really don't enjoy any more. That sucks. 



I lost interest in GOT fairly early on, but DH
has watched all of the DVD's (we don't get
any of the premium cable channels). The
books were good, but they are past the books
now and into fan-fiction. Hmmmm .... 



We've been open for two Sundays now. I'd rather be home watching the football game than at the store on a day that should be a day with Hubby and football. Oh well, I only have one more Sunday remaining. Today I'll try to pound my order into shape for DVD's and calendars. I need them before too much longer. I'll also have to plan to pick up the next season of Game of Thrones DVD which releases tomorrow, so I'll have to add that to my agenda since DH wants it under our invisible tree. Christmas just can't come soon enough. *SIGH*



When GOT is completed, then I might consider
binge watching it. As it is, given to us in bits
and trickles, I'll bide my time. 



Have a glorious Monday. Looking at the calendar, there are only two weeks to the "Season" remaining and that, at least, makes me VERY happy. Now ... off to the pool after I plug in some pictures. 



No comments: