Thursday, December 7, 2017

They're On Their Way!

Success! By mid-day yesterday I had a large stack of cards sealed and with postage attached and was heading to the Post Office to get them mailed as well as purchase postage for my international cards. Shortly afterward, my cards had been delivered to the appropriate official personage and I was cardless! They are on their way! Please let me know if they arrive in one piece - envelopes sealed, etc. I used a new envelope supplier this year and even though I think they are good quality, I never know until they've survived the mail. 



I don't use this particular brand of embossing
powder, but have used this brand in the past with
success. The little grains of silver color sparkle
in the light and right now, I have small
grains throughout the carpet of my workspace. 



My study looked like a sparkle bomb went off in it by the end of the session. I was embossing the back of the envelopes and those were large areas covered with a tinsel-colored powder. Everywhere I look now I see the tiny gleams of escaped tinsel embossing powder flecks. It's pretty amusing. I ended up sending out 45 cards and have one in reserve in case of an emergency, but after another week, I'll put everything away in my craft room and begin thinking about next year's card. 



The Tim Holtz Stamp Platform by Tonic is smartly designed and
very study. The gridded clear lid allows for precise placement
of your stamp, the interior has a raised corner into which to
place your media, the two rare earth magnents are SUPER
strong, and the lid can easily be switched depending on
the type of stamp used. Highly recommended! 



This year's effort would have been impossible to achieve without a new tool which allowed me to replicate positioning on card after card flawlessly. The "Tim Holtz Stamping Platform by Tonic" was the single best investment I've made in my papercrafts in years. Designed to work with both clear and wooden stamps (after the wood backing has been removed), the stamps pressure-adhere to the clear, gridded lid and after inking can be applied identically to page after page. The pressure is even, so both large and small stamps were crisp and clean. If you do papercrafts using stamps, get one of these! 



Thank goodness for online shopping. I don't know how
I managed to get anything before the internet! With
DH being a Christmas-time baby, getting things
for the holidays doubles and I work six-day weeks
at the same time. NOT conducive to shopping! 



So now my life returns to normal - shopping for holiday gifts for DH and a few friends and figuring out what classes I might want to take at next year's Bead & Button Show. The catalog for classes is in my hands ... I can go broke really fast! 

Here's hoping you have a tremendous Thursday. Happy Holiday season to all! 


1 comment:

Pam said...

Wow! was I surprised to see you post Tim's Stamping Platform!! It is the BOMB!! I have one, and just need to actually use it to finish my cards.