Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Final Push to the Post Office

Today is my final push day and by mid-afternoon, I should be standing in line at the Post Office, getting the postage for all of my overseas cards. I embellish the envelopes this morning - that will take about two hours. My domestic postage gets slapped on and those can be dropped in the mail. My international postage will need to be figured out and purchased today, then those also can be mailed. By the end of the day, all cards should be out of my hands and in the hands of the US Post Office. Here's hoping all of you get your cards soon. 



Continuing my Holiday Card theme, I saw this one online and had to
laugh. So geeky, but so fun. Only those of us who know or love
Batman will truly understand it, but dude - it's perfect! 



Then my life can return to the normal level of "hectic" and I can do my multiple loads of laundry, maybe have time to put in the new computer keyboard drawer that arrived yesterday (I'm hoping it can use the brackets I already have installed, but if not, I'll have to drill new holes under my desk), and finally end my day with a nice conversation with Aearwen. Then I can start focusing on DH and our own holiday celebrations. It's been a long road to get here this year, but here I am - less than twenty days away from Christmas, and almost on time. 



For my friends with cats (you know who you
are - LOL), I found this fun card. Yes, not a
creature was stirring, not even a mouse after
this rapscallion caught him! 



I allowed myself a luxury this morning. My swim suit was pretty stretched out and sagging, and I have others because last year's holiday gift included several new suits, so I broke one of the new ones out of the bag this morning and I'm wearing a new color, new style, and snug suit today. Huzzah! I'm really happy with how this one is fitting, so I'll feel like the star of the pool today, even though Wednesdays are crowded and busy. 



This card featuring penguins is absolutely adorable. I wish
I could make something like this, but the labor on this
one would be a bit too much for a run of 50 cards.
It's really cute though, and I had to share it with you. 



I hope your Wednesday goes smoothly. If there isn't too long of a line at the Post Office when I get there later this morning, that will help to make my day! Enjoy yours, and please, do a small act of kindness today - small ripples of happiness can spread far. 


No comments: