Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Le Tour, Minions and Class Reunions

Today is the 10th day of Le Tour de France. The boys and their equipment have moved west across France to the southwestern portion as they head towards the Pyrenees later this week. Today is a rather flat stage, although it should be a pretty one.


It's a relatively flat stage today - not totally flat, but a sprinter's finish. The
riders are starting to work their way south in the western part of France now,
and will be in the Pyrenees soon. I can hardly wait!!!



After work tonight, Chickie and I are going to see "Despicable Me 3" at our favorite cinema multiplex. There's something wonderful about $5 Tuesday movies in reserved seats on strato-lounger chairs to laugh at the antics of Gru, the girls and the minions while munching on free popcorn. I've been looking forward to seeing this movie for months, and if I don't grab this opportunity, probably wouldn't be able to squeeze out the time to see it at all. Thus, the quick decision, purchased tickets, and plans for an evening with a good friend.


It's all about Minions for me/ As much as I adore Gru
and the girls, it's the Minions that totally make the
"Despicable Me" franchise work for me. 



I'm curious - have any of you attended your High School Reunions? I gather I've been on the "lost or misplaced" emails list for years, but an old high school friend who I know via Facebook contacted me the other day and asked for my updated email address to get me back onto the reunion list. I just got the information in my email today. I can't make it because Chickie will have just arrived back from her vacation and I have to be at work to make sure she settles back into the groove. Still, it was nice to receive an official email regarding the reunion. Since we are all getting on in years, the reunions are held every five years now. I think I'll plan to attend the 50th (which won't be too far in the future - scary thought). It might be fun to see all of these other older people with familiar names who I haven't seen for so long.


Another Minion, just because I like them so much! 



So, have you attended any class reunions? Did you enjoy the evening or was it a bust? I think it might be a bit odd meeting these people again after half a century. OMG - if I'm already stressing out about this five years early, I'll be a total wreck by the time 2022 comes around!


Agnes - who doesn't love a kid who adores unicorns? Everyone
should believe in magic as they are growing up. If you're
really lucky, the magic never goes away. 



Have a wonderful day, I know I will. Le Tour and Minions - it doesn't get much better than this. Throw swimming into the mix and I have an almost perfect day! Enjoy yours...



No comments: