Saturday, December 24, 2016

Happy Holidays to All

It's a very busy few days ahead and I won't be back to posting until early Tuesday. It's my opportunity to wish each of you a Blessed Holiday of your choice. In terms of official holidays (those that are on one of my many calendars), I wish each of you a joyful, peaceful, and totally happy ...




Merry Christmas - Christmas arrives tomorrow (Sunday). Smaller children will look for the gifts that Santa may have left under the tree, older children (adults) will enjoy watching the small ones tear colorful wrapping paper off boxes to view the treasures beneath. The goal is happy.




Happy Hanukkah - At sundown on Sunday Jews throughout the world will begin the eight-day celebration of the Festival of Lights. I always thought this would be a great celebration - eight gifts spread over eight days, the soft light of the menorah, the dreidel, gelt, it was all good. Gather with your families and celebrate the miracle once again. It's rare for Christmas and Hanukkah coincide, but always fun when it does.




Joyous Kwanzaa - Kwanzaa begins on Monday. As a relatively new holiday, I'm not that familiar with it, but I love the seven principles: (1) Unity, (2) Self-determination, (3) Collective Work and Responsibility, (4) Cooperative Economics, (5) Purpose, (6) Creativity, and (7) Faith. Kwanzaa begins on December 26 and goes through January 1 every year.

I wish each and every one of my friends - past, present and future, real-life and cyber - the best of holiday seasons. I'll be celebrating DH's birthday on Monday and I'll be back posting on Tuesday morning.

No comments: