Friday, November 25, 2016

Post-Turkey Thoughts

I hope all of my US friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. We ate turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, cranberries and rolls, and had pumpkin pie for dessert. Tonight we get to do much of it over again with leftovers. After today I'll be done with turkey for a while, but it's sure good for that once-a-year large bird in the oven thing.


I knew I would put on some weight after yesterday's
turkey over-do, but I wasn't happy about it. *sigh*
November has not been a good month for me and
I have to watch carefully. I can't let weight get away from me. 


The other after-effect, however, is not so good. Two pounds!!! I'll be at the pool today swimming to get those pounds back off again, but November has not been a good month weight-wise. I need to get back to reasonable eating, and fight my body tendency to put weight on for the cold winter months.


I love my new coat. I felt like a kid wearing a favorite
outfit - I almost wanted to wear it to bed. It's really
long, with a back zipper that can be raised to allow
for longer strides. It's cozy, it has three good-sized
pockets, and the hood is wonderful too. I'm very happy. 


I'll be standing at the gym doors this morning, nice and warm in my new coat! Yes, it arrived at the shop on Wednesday and I had it in my hands Wednesday night. It's awesome! It's really long, it fits like a dream, and it's warm and cozy. I've transferred my pockets over to the new coat and my old, broken coat, is bound for this coming week's trash load.


My mailing list is almost complete and my envelopes
almost ready to finalize. Things are progressing nicely. 


While watching football games and cooking my bird yesterday, I managed to get some more work done on my holiday cards. Things are progressing very well and my mailing list is almost complete. If I have a productive Sunday and a good Wednesday, I'll be ready to sign, address and send them well before my firm deadline of Solstice. DH is making noises about maybe doing a movie Sunday morning, so the weekend might be a lot of fun.

Enjoy your Black Friday and Small Business Saturday sales, if you are a shopper. I'm hoping for lots of customers and good sales for the two-day event at my store. I'd love to be tired in a really good way on Saturday night. Happy Friday to all!


No comments: