Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Celebrating a Day Off

I actually get a day off from work today. I have loads of laundry waiting for me and shopping lists for Target and my local grocery store. I need to get to the bank and I need gas in my car (a wash wouldn't be a bad idea either). But the most important thing is that I won't be at the shop for the day today, and that's a wonderful thing!


Oh yeah - a day off! I'll be able to take my time shopping at Target, and
get clean linens in the bathroom and on the beds. Huzzah! 


Most people work for larger companies - stores or restaurants that have more than a rotating field of three people manning the place. Small businesses, however, have some unique issues, one of which is how vacation time gets covered. We're a small business, no doubt, and when one of us is on vacation, the others have to show up and take up the slack. That's what I've been doing for the past eleven days and I'm very happy to leave this two week stretch behind me.


Even Imperial Stormtroopers get the occasional day off. 


The only negative to my entire day is that it will be cool and cloudy today. I could really go for some sunshine and blue skies, but it's not going to happen. However, even though I'll be in my sweatshirt and fall jacket, I'll still be happy. I finally have a day off, and I'm going to enjoy every single minute of it. Have an excellent Wednesday!


No comments: