Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I Hate Working Wednesdays!

Wednesdays are usually my day off - a day to catch up with grocery shopping, laundry, other household chores and a multitude of errands. This week I don't get my day off because Chickie is busy enjoying herself in Montana. Is that fair? NO! But ... no choice. When people work in small firms, everyone chips in for each other. At least I'll have air conditioning - it's been beastly hot and humid, so having some cool air will be appreciated. I'll miss not talking with Aearwen for the 2nd week in a row, though. The only positive thing is that we'll have tons to discuss when I finally have my day off again next week!


This is Roxie, one of the two cats I'm feeding daily.
She's a tri-color calico and quite dainty. 


I've been kitty sitting for Chickie. Basically that entails dropping by her place and feeding the furry demons, sometimes playing with them or giving them a little attention via brushing, etc, and always cleaning out their litter boxes every day. They are very cute, and I am actually enjoying my time with them. I just wish I had a bit more time to spend, but my mornings are really busy.


Here's Tilde, the sister of Roxie. She's subtly striped
and larger. If Roxie is a dainty ballerina, Tilde is
a WWF wrestler - a bruiser. The challenge is making
sure Roxie gets food because Tilde will just eat
whatever remains after Roxie picks at it.    


Finally, today's stage in Le Tour de France is flat and most definitely a sprinter's stage. Cavendish lost the green to Sagan yesterday so the question arises, "Will he try to recapture the green today?" There's quite a difference in points and I don't think it will be easy for Cav to get back into the lead, but he's a focused rider and it's the Tour. Anything can happen.


We're fairly flat today, so it's a sprinter's stage. We're heading
toward Mont Ventoux tomorrow and the Individual Time
Trial #1 on Friday. Switzerland is getting ever closer! 


Have a wonderful Wednesday. Don't work too hard.


No comments: