Thursday, April 14, 2016

Lots of Birthday Wishes

A large group of LJ friends have celebrated their birthdays yesterday and today, so I'm being a bit cruel and lumping everyone together into a single post because my time is extremely tight. It doesn't mean I don't think of each of you as individual people, it's a time issue.




So here's a birthday wish for jordan_c_price, bslarner, huinare, stormwreath, and wheelrider, all celebrating their special days this week. I hope each one of you have/had a day that is/was filled with great joy and that you have a year of happiness ahead of you that exceeds your hopes and dreams.


Since both my mother and godmother would be well over
100 years old if they were still here, I chose this very
crowded birthday cake for their treat. 


I am also belatedly celebrating the birthdays of my mother and my aunt (godmother) who were born on dates last week. Both have passed on, but I miss both of them and can't help but think about these strong and beautiful women in my life as I remember them with a grateful heart for the love and the teachings they passed on to me.




So as you go through your day today, treat yourself to a little treat - a small piece of chocolate, a scoop of ice cream, a packet of french fries or maybe one last jellybean hiding in the corner of that Easter basket. As you eat the sweetness, remember those people you know who have had birthdays recently. Each memory is a celebration of its own. Happy Thursday, and Happy Birthday to All!


No comments: