Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Short and Sweet (With A Little Bitter Thrown In)

Today's blog is quick - little time and less sleep. Chickie and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 3 last night at our favorite cinema. We settled down with our free small popcorns and our 3-D glasses and had a totally entertaining time; we laughed, we gasped, we enjoyed. At the end we both agreed. Kung Fu Panda 3 is at least as good as the original Kung Fu Panda, and maybe even better. I give it ***** - 5 Stars! Also, for a rare treat, it was perfectly made for 3-D - absolutely perfect!


Po travels to the hidden valley of pandas in KFP3. There he
learns how to be a panda. 


Go see it, I recommend it. There is an excellent villain, a "hopeless" quest, a village of pandas (each one being beautifully and individually portrayed) and of course the Fabulous Five, the Master, and Po's duck Dad. We started laughing almost immediately and couldn't tear our eyes away from the screen.


The villain in KFP3 is Kai, wonderfully drawn and portrayed. 


On the bitter side, yesterday I heard that I lost an old friend in Canada to cancer. She was only a year older than me and once again it makes me feel diminished, somehow, because one more light has left our world. I usually saw her in June when I attended the Bead & Button Show. I know I'll be scanning the crowd to find her and will have to remind myself that she won't be there this year, or any other year in the future.


Not the best picture of my friend Cathy, but the only one
I could find on short notice that wasn't too small. Cathy owned
and operated a bead store near Toronto, Canada. A talented
designer, she'll be missed by her family, friends and customers. 


I'm off to the pool, and am hoping to catch a cat nap sometime today. The movie was a late one and four hours of sleep just isn't enough for these old bones. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: