Saturday, February 13, 2016

OMG It's COLD! and Be My Valentine

I'll be bundling up today to get to the gym and wrapping my hair with both a hat and my hoodie when I leave. It's killing cold outside and I'm swimming today. I'll have wet hair in -2 F (-18 C) temps and I'm not even going to think about the wind chill. I'm very tempted to skip the gym today - but no. That's a very slippery slope and one I don't want to start sliding down. I thought about doing the elliptical instead of the pool, but I love the pool a lot and actually get a better workout in the water than on the machines. So, pool, wet hair, and freezing temps. What can I say? It's winter in Minnesota - LOL.


This is a screenshot from my phone about 20 minutes ago.
Notice the "Feels Like" section OY! 



Yesterday afternoon we were cold too, the wind was
really dropping our temps. This was from mid-afternoon
yesterday and we were already in negative wind chills. 


It's no wonder Chickie's car won't start. I'm quite sure she's only one of hundreds of people who will be freezing today. She thinks it might be her starter. I think her car is just protesting the temps by staging a sit-in.


Have a wonderful Valentine's Day. 


Finally, tomorrow is Valentine's day. It's DH's and my unofficial anniversary - we started dating shortly after V-Day way back in 1976. Tomorrow I'll cook omelettes for breakfast, but I voted for an early dinner at Chili's for our evening. It's not fancy, but I enjoy it, and we probably won't have to wait a long time for a table if we're there between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm. We'll celebrate with enchiladas and Patron margaritas. Here's hoping you have a wonderful Valentine's Day, spent with someone you love - male, female or furry four-footed one. Stay warm, stay safe!


No comments: