Saturday, February 27, 2016

Going Italian

Tomorrow DH and I will join friends to celebrate a birthday. Our friend Liz usually celebrates her birthday in January or early February - whenever schedules allow. Last year the four of us went to a very fancy restaurant in downtown St Paul - Meritage. We had a wonderful meal, great wine, and would have had a truly excellent time except both DH and I were sick and barely tasted our food.


My guess is this is the lamb shank. It looks pretty nom to me. 


Tomorrow we're going to a new restaurant - it's only been open for a week but it's been getting good press. It's Liz's choice, since it is her birthday. Mucci's Italian is open four days a week for dinner service only and also serves donuts on Sunday mornings. I haven't figured out the association between the two, but that's OK. Liz wants to go here, we'll go.


Mucci started their culinary journey by selling
amazing donuts in a box. They still sell them on
Sunday mornings only. It does look pretty good,
doesn't it? 


DH is sensitive to night regurgitation if he eats certain foods after 7:00 pm or so, and red sauce is a danger item, so he's going to choose very carefully from the menu. I'm very fortunate that I can eat practically anything. For me, their menu looks good. Guess I'll find out.


The menu seems


Here's hoping all of you have a great weekend. Enjoy! I'll be back on Monday.


No comments: