Monday, January 25, 2016

What a Wonderful Sunday

I was nervous - I admit that - but my fears didn't come to pass. My team, my own Denver Broncos, succeeded, and they will be one of the two teams in the Super Bowl in two weeks. It was a heck of a game and New England gave them a real fight. As a result, it was a really fun game to watch and came down to the wire. I'll happily wear my Broncos gear for another two weeks.


Two weeks of hype now start. The Super Bowl is a media
frenzy leading up to the game. If the players focus on their
play instead of the press, it might be a great game. I'm
just happy my beloved Broncos are in it this year. 


We will be playing against the Carolina Panthers and their game against Arizona was a rout! Carolina was the team to beat all season and had the best record. If yesterday's game was standard for them, it's no wonder they are as highly rated as they are. It's going to be a hard fight, but hopefully a good game. The #1 offense - the Panthers, will meet the #1 defense - the Broncos. I only hope for a good game. If the Broncos manage to win this one, I'll be over the moon, but I don't want a blow-out.


The wax melting pot looked very similar to this hot glue melting
pot, and for $2.50 it was well worth the try. It works really well. 


DH needed a method of attaching his stones to holders so he could shape them. He's been playing with his Cab King shaper, and had been frustrated by the glue not holding things well. So he wanted to try some dopping wax we had purchased a few years ago. I brought the wax home from the shop on Saturday and he needed to get a few things, so we went on a hunt on Sunday before the games started.

I found a funny little thing. It's a glue pot - apparently made to melt hot glue sticks into a small puddle so that many flowers or whatever can be dipped into the molten glue and attached at once. I thought it might work as a dopping pot, and it was on clearance for $2.50. I showed it to DH and we took a chance. It worked a charm! It melted the wax beautifully and he was able to continue working on his machinery. He was very happy.


We went to Old Chicago for pizza. A deep dish medium Thai Pie
in the back, a small thin crust Chicago 7 in the foreground.
It was SO good and well worth the calories. We paired the
pizza with a couple of craft beers. Heaven and a really fun treat. 


We treated ourselves to pizza for an early dinner (or late lunch) and had some fancy cupcakes late in the evening. I had blueberry cheesecake cupcake and added a lot of fresh blueberries to my plate. So good! All in all, the weekend was great, even though I didn't get a chance to meet Johnny Weir who was in town at the US Figure Skating Championships. They were held just down the road at the Xcel Center in downtown St Paul. I caught the women's finals on Saturday night, but couldn't watch the men's finals on Sunday because I was watching football. Oh well, can't have it all.

The pool is calling. Happy Monday to all of you and Happy Birthday to my favorite astronomer in Croatia!


No comments: