Thursday, January 7, 2016

Snow, Shoveling and a Meme

It snowed last night - not very much, but just enough to require shoveling before heading out to the gym. Fortunately I have a meme to share with all of you and I invite you to copy it, plug in your own answers, and pass it along to your own friends and e-list readers. But before I add the meme ...

Last night in the last hour or so at work when it's darker out, DH's car was broken into. They only took the loose coins he had in there to pay for coffee in the mornings, so they only got about $5 or so, but they messed with the door locks and turned on the headlights. It's fortunate that Chickie saw the headlights on and re-entered the store to ask DH about them as she was leaving for the day. He might have come out to a dead battery as well as a messed up car. But, the car can be driven and the locks seem to be working once again. We're just bewildered about how they managed to get in past the locks. It's an older car - no car alarm - but still ... scratching my head on this one.


So true, so true. Click below (on LJ or DW) to get to the meme ...


So here - to free myself up to shovel and not run too tight on time to get to the gym - Looking Back on 2015 Meme....

Stolen from Maglor.


1:What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
  Nothing I hadn't done at some point before. When you're over 60, life tends to be like that …

2:Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
  I didn't make a resolution as much as determined that a change of lifestyle was mandatory. I started going to the gym, first 3X a week, and then shifted up to 6X a week. I kept that up for the year and am continuing to do it. I feel 1000% better than I did a year ago.

3:Did anyone close to you give birth?
  Two nieces gave birth in the summer. It's a third girl for each of them.

4:Did anyone close to you die?
  I dodged that bullet, but only by one day, since my cousin's wife died on the 1st of January.

5:What countries did you visit?
  None - only one vacation a year and that's spent in the next state attending the Bead & Button Show.

6:What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015
  A clean and organized house with new wallpaper, flooring, cabinetry, etc. We're on our way now. It's slow, but we're quite determined.

7:What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
  I'm really kindof crappy with dates (odd for someone who is a historian and pre-historian).

8:What was your biggest achievement of the year?
  Getting into the groove of going to the gym and losing, because of that schedule, more than 45 pounds. Yeah me!

9:What was your biggest failure?
  I didn't manage to fold writing into my new schedule, and I didn't even attempt NaNoWriMo because I knew it was bound for failure. Then again, my muses were on strike for most of the year, and are just peeking their heads above their dens now.

10:Did you suffer illness or injury?
  A couple of head/chest colds and one eye infection, but actually a pretty mellow year.

11:What was the best thing you bought?
  It's a tie between my Misfit Shine fitness monitor and my Underwater Audio waterproof iPod shuffle.

12:Whose behaviour merited celebration?
  Nobody really comes to mind, and that's rather sad.

13:Whose behaviour made you appalled?
  Elected political office-holders and those running for office. They disgust me - each and every one of them.

14:Where did most of your money go?
  Books are always my major consumable. I think I purchased more than 250 e-books in 2015 and even though most of them were $8 or less, that still adds up.

15:What did you get really, really, really excited about?
  My friend Sharon coming for her annual visit, my classes at Bead & Button Show, my new lapidary equipment (totally yummy), and my improved body response and stamina after a year at the gym.

16:What song will always remind you of 2015?
  Jekyll and Hyde by Five Finger Death Punch

17:Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
  Happier, thinner and richer - the trifecta!

18:What do you wish you’d done more of?
  Clean. The house is still a mess, but we're working on it.

19:What do you wish you’d done less of?
  Actually, with my schedule, I don't have a lot of time to do less of anything…

20:How did you spend Christmas?
  Slept in, then gave DH his gifts (mostly calendars).

21:Did you fall in love in 2015?
  Always and yet again - my DH is the love of my life.

22:What was your favourite TV program?
  I really enjoy reality TV - MasterChef, Project Runway, Face Off, etc.

23:Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
  Hate is much too strong an emotion. No - I didn't hate last year and I don't hate now.

24:What was the best book you read?
  Most of what I read is probably not for general consensus, but in the less than X-rated stuff, "The Martian" was quite wonderful, as was "The Emperor of All Maladies: Cancer". I highly recommend both of these books to anyone.

25:What was your greatest musical discovery?
  I am a totally eclectic music lover, but I adore heavy metal and Ghost and Pucifer were new discoveries for me in 2015.

26:What did you want and get?
  Gift cards for e-books and for iTunes. Got lots of both and already spending them down. Huzzah!

27:What did you want and not get?
  Time - I always want more time off, but rarely get it.

28:What was your favourite film of this year?
  I adored "Minions", but also liked "Spectre". Bond and King Bob - what could be better - LOL?

29:What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
  Getting the small house sold was a real accomplishment, as well as our new carpeting and laminate. Now to get the wall paper put up.

30:How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
  Fashion? Moi? If it doesn't have holes (unintentional holes) and doesn't fall off my hips, it's a win in my fashion closet.

31:What kept you sane?
Books, music, artwork, all help keep me happy, which keeps the depression away, which keeps me sane. Bwa-ha-ha…

32:Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
  I don't do celebrities, but wouldn't mind meeting Gordon Ramsey.

33:What political issue stirred you the most?
  Anything regarding LGBTQ rights or women's rights has always impassioned me.

34:Who did you miss?
  As is ships passing in the night miss? I missed hooking up with Seth when he was last in town. He offered us Stevie Wonder tickets when he was working that show but we were just beat and had to turn him down. Too bad - the concert got great reviews and I know we would have had a wonderful time.

35:Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
  Get off your ass and do it. That's all. Just do it.

36:Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

 
It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don't care baby by the way

Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don't hold it back, yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I'll be just fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don't waste your time

Here's why

Because I'm happy

  Pharrell Williams - Happy


 Have a wonderful Thursday!!!! Think happy thoughts. 


No comments: