Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Good News/Bad News - Ninjas and Football

So, on the good news front, my new eyeglasses are ready for me to pick up. On the bad news end of this - I can't get out to pick them up for ANOTHER DAY! I'll have time on Wednesday to pick them up as soon as the shop opens. I'll bring my old, broken pair along with me and see what they say about fixing them. I really hope they can solder it, otherwise I'll be calling around the city to find a jeweler with a laser welder. I really want my old pair fixed. But - new glasses soon (thank goodness).


The old pair just need the bridge soldered back onto the lens frame. But
using a torch on this might be very bad. I may have to do some phone calls
to find a jeweler who can fix this for me. 


The new season of commercial television begins next week, so several things are wrapping up this week including last night's final of "American Ninja Warrior". FABULOUS! This was the seventh season of the show and for the very first time, two contestants made it through Stages 2 and 3 to face Stage 4 - Mount Midoriyama - a 75 foot climb up a rope that has to be done in less than 30 seconds. And yes - we had a winner for the very first time and it was AWESOME. I lost sleep to watch the final episode and it was worth the exhaustion that will hit me later.


What a thrilling end to a very tough season. If I was younger, I'd love
to train for something like this. Awesome! 


In football (that's American football for my non-USA friends), the Minnesota Vikings had a terrible season opening game against San Francisco, but my Denver Broncos pulled off the win against the Baltimore Ravens. We'll see how Week 2 goes, but so far I'm proudly wearing my orange and blue and my DH, in purple and gold, is sulking in the corner.


When football fans locations are calculated, the Broncos have a huge and
spread-out fan base. I, on the other hand, am a Broncos fan in the middle
of Vikings country *sigh*. 


Got to get some pics into this and send it on its way. Have a fantastic Tuesday!


No comments: