Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Pyrenees and Minions

Today is the last day of the Pyrenees for the riders, 195K of pain and intense peaks. After yesterday, Chris Froome is still in Yellow, and the stage winner for yesterday was Rafal  Majka, a Polish rider for Tinkoff-Saxo. He was the winner of the King of the Mountains jersey last year and is coming out strong this year once again. He's an exciting rider to watch.


These are some BIG mountains. Today will be killer! 


Today's stage features two Cat 1 climbs and one Cat 1. The stage wraps up at the top of the Plateau de Beille, an HC mountain peak with a 15.8 km climb up 1800 meters. Rough to face at the end of a long, hard day. If it is as hot today as it was yesterday, we might see an unusual number of riders falling off. The mountains are always a testing ground.


I love Bob. But all Minions are fine with me :-)


Finally, Chickie and I are going to see "Minions" tonight after work. She's on vacation next week for far too long ((I'll have 9-10 days of cat care while she's out of town), but we wanted to squeeze the movie in while we could. MINIONS! I'll be smiling all day, and I'll be wearing my Minions T-shirt all day too. Happy Thursday to all!


No comments: