Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June Wrap-up

What a busy month June was. By the end of it, I had lost one pound *sigh*, but had accomplished so very much more that I think it was a good trade-off.


I was a very busy bee in June. 


I started the month out by spending a week at the Bead & Button Show in Milwaukee. It was the show's 15th Anniversary, but I had been attending far longer than that - since long before they were called the Bead & Button Show. I estimate I have been attending this show for at least twenty years now. It was great fun, as always.

I came back to face intensive work before the remodel. In fact, my house is still in storage and disarray - I can't put things back until the wall covering is completed and that might be very tight before Sharon returns for her annual vacation. But ...

The carpeting and kitchen laminate are installed and I'm totally in love. The new curtains arrived and were hung and the living room finally looks elegant once more. I am deliriously happy with both the flooring and the carpeting.

We cleared trees, got rid of storm damage, hauled loads to the county compost, and generally worked hard around the house both inside and outside.

I took a day and had a terrifically fun afternoon with my LJ friend Huinare, pedaling around Lake Calhoun and getting lost numerous times between the cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.

And last night, the final night of the month, we spent at a local taproom with friends sharing great food and craft beer.





All in all - June was a good month. I may have only lost one pound, but I'm still at the gym 5-6 days a week and I'm feeling good. Maybe I'll lose more weight in July - we'll have to wait and see. But in terms of "fabulous", June was quite excellent. Onwards!!!!


No comments: