Friday, June 26, 2015

I Don't Want A Repeat Experience

Earlier this year, (or was it late last year?), I had an eye infection that required me to have surgery. My eye was irritating me yesterday morning, so I took a look and decided to see the doctur ASAP to get some antibiotics and, hopefully, nip this in the bud before I have to have another surgery. They could have squeezed me in yesterday with a staff doctor, but I had nobody to cover for me at work. Today, however, I was able to arrange that, so I'm off to the eye doctor at 11:00 am and hopefully can get this under control before a second surgery will be required. *sigh*


I'm looking for some modern 'magic' to cure this before it becomes
more of an issue. 


What did people do before there were doctors and antibiotics? When I think of the things that I've gone through in my life, I would probably be crippled, would have had several teeth pulled (without anesthesia - OUCH!), maybe have lost the sight in one eye. Actually, since life expectancy was much lower, I'd probably be dead. Icky!


With age comes wisdom, at least some of the time. 


I'm suddenly very grateful for my modern conveniences. Yes ... very grateful indeed :-) Happy Friday, everyone!


No comments: