Friday, May 22, 2015

Weekend Possibilities

It's Friday and the beginning of a long holiday weekend here in the US. My schedule will stay normal until the close of business tomorrow, and then I'll have two days off in a row! It's an almost unheard-of feast! Of course I have things on my schedule, but still - two full days off in a row. Wow!


Two days off in a row! I'm throwing confetti to celebrate! 


One thing DH mentioned was possibly going to see Mad Max Fury Road which currently has a 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Chickie went to see it on Tuesday and loved it, and an on-line friend also saw it within the past week and loved it. That DH came through with the suggestion on his own shocked me! Wow! So I'm hoping this is one of his real ideas, not just something he mentioned in passing that won't come to fruition.


One of the characters Chickie liked best was this guy dressed in
red who played a fire-spewing guitar in front of walls of
amps and guys wailing on tympanis. I can hardly wait! 


We're getting up earlier than usual on Sunday, going out to breakfast, and then dropping by Penney's to order our new draperies and take full advantage of the sale prices. Then, since the weather is supposed to be rainy all weekend, we'll probably be cleaning house. There's so much that needs to be done.


Here is a close-up of the drapery material we're going with. It is a
random weave two-toned silk fabric woven on a jacquard loom. The
lighter areas will allow light to get into the room, and the total
randomness of the pattern really appealed to us. 


I'll post tomorrow (Saturday), but it might be a short one. I'll skip Sunday as is my norm, but probably also skip Monday. It's a holiday and I'm not sure if I'll sleep in, or if I'll go to the gym and swim and then come back for a bit more sleep and the movie. The lovely options are so wonderful. Have a great Friday and for those taking the long weekend off - a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.


No comments: