Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sleep and Draperies

Finally got some sleep last night. I wanted to stay up for the announcement of the winner of this season's "The Voice," but with only 2-3 hours of sleep the night before, that was a no-go. I checked the results this morning and the singers placed in the order I thought they would, so I was right and I had supported the right person from the beginning. Call me happy :-)


So with the new drapery pricing we can get, we'll have
everything ordered and ready to go when I get back from
my vacation in a couple of weeks. My house will have
never looked so good! 


I remember mentioning that DH and I had fallen in love with a drape fabric at JC Penney's, but that it was VERY expensive. Our sales associate had said there were sales on all the time, so just to be patient. Apparently one of those sales is happening this weekend and if we get in no later than Sunday, we can knock more than 1/3 off the price, bringing that huge drapery into our price range. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Autumn yesterday making sure that I could double-check my measurements and bring her the precise numbers needed to place the order. We'll be there when their doors open on Sunday morning and put in the order. The living room is coming into focus now. I'm very happy.


I'll be making a wall of book boxes, similar to this but with boxes
instead of open shelving, in Sharon's Room. That will give me two
months to get the new carpeting and finish cataloging the books
before I'll have to move the boxes to a different location so that we can start
culling our lists of what books to keep and replacing them onto the
library shelves. It's a lot of work and a lot of hauling, but it has to be done. 


I'll continue cleaning and putting things away today. I expect I'll be doing a lot of physical labor - up and down stairs, packing and moving. The clock is ticking and the installers will be coming. The rooms have to be ready for them. DH is already disagreeing about where I was going to put book boxes that are complete, but I'm really not giving him a lot of say now. If it had been left up to him, we'd still be looking at "future" not at "the week of June 18th". *sigh* When you want something done, ask a busy woman, right? LOL


Most of us can do with a spring and fall cleaning every year. DH keeps
physical things because memories are tied up with them. This has turned
into a problem now that we're dealing with so many years of memories. 


I have swimming today, and I'm pretty happy. Last week I spent the entire week swimming instead of working on the machines because I had injured my ribs. I don't lose weight when I'm swimming, just keep my cardio up and stretch out my muscles. But I didn't gain weight either, so I just stayed static for a week and that's OK. Busy day today, though, so I have to get going. Have a great Wednesday, enjoy the spring/autumn of your part of the world. Do a kindness for someone today and let's pass along some ripples of positives throughout the lands.


No comments: