Saturday, May 30, 2015

It's Been A Crazy Week

It's been a crazy week - packing/non-packing for my conference next week, taking care of Chickie's kitty while she's attending her Grandfather's memorial service in California, working solo at the shop with only my Manager to assist (he's hard of hearing and not that great with multi-tasking customers). But today is the last day - almost. I leave for Milwaukee on Monday and I may (or may not) post one last blog before I leave, but it will be a short one if I do.


The outdoor pool is L-shaped with the longer length in the back of this
photo with the lane ropes. That is the lap section and has a 3 Ft-6 inch depth
across most of it. It stretches out of the photo to the left. The smaller
part, here, is for aquatic exercise and diving lessons. At the top of the concrete
bleachers at the middle of the pool is another pool for children and tots with
water slides and fun stuff for them. 


Yesterday morning I was finally able to swim in the outdoor pool, even though it was raining lightly. But what fun! It's so nice to have a 50 meter run before turning. I shifted my routine a bit to accommodate the different length and the pool ended up quite crowded by the time I ended my mile so I was sharing my lane with two others. They took one half of my lane and circled while I swam straight. They were much younger and much faster, but it was only three laps and then I was out and they had the lane to themselves. I'll be back in the pool today in hope of getting some more swimming before leaving for a week of no pool.


The week goes from May 31 - June 6, thus the May
heading, but here's my schedule for the week. ACK!!


The schedule I have for next week's classes is grueling. I finally entered everything into my phone's calendar. Anyone thinking I relax for these events is kidding. On Tuesday I have one class from 9 am-4:30 pm with a second class from 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm and a pre-sale event following that goes until 11:00 pm. Wednesday I have class from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm with the Meet the Teachers event from 8:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Thursday I have a class from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm followed by the registered pre-sale event from 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm and finally, on Friday I hit the show floor for most of the day with a final class from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm. I end things with a breakfast meeting on Saturday and then haul out of town to return home.


I'll be going to the Milwaukee YMCA after I've checked in at my hotel. I want
to know exactly where they are located so I'm not wandering around lost
at 4:50am in downtown Milwaukee. I also wan to know where the lockers are,
and arrange for my guest pass for the week. It'll be fun going to a new gym. 


While I'm busy with this crazy schedule, I am also going to be trying to get to the gym at least three times while I'm away, maybe more. I know I'm not going to be eating properly while I'm on this schedule, so at least working out will help. I also know I'll come back pumped with enthusiasm for more time to create my artwork, and almost more tired when I get back than I was before I left.


The trick is actually getting enough sleep on Friday so that I can
drive back to the Twin Cities safely on Saturday. That's a delicate
balancing act. Usually I phone or Email friends in the Milwaukee area
when I'm out there, but with my schedule this year, I'm skipping social
get-togethers. No time. 


The trials of your basic shop owner - LOL. Have a great weekend and, if I don't happen to post on Monday, enjoy your first week of June. I know I won't be posting from the conference, although I'll try to keep up with emails and LJ posts on my phone or laptop. Happy Saturday!


No comments: