Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Settling Back Into Routine

Yesterday's gym time could have turned out very embarrassing, but fortunately we had warning. Apparently there was a fire drill scheduled for 7:00 am. That's usually when I'm in the shower on Tuesday, leaving Body Pump class a little early to miss the crunch at the showers, get dressed, and hit the road. Hearing about the fire drill, I left class a bit earlier than usual, sped to the locker room, showered and dressed in RECORD time, and was out of the building by 6:55. Yeah me! I didn't relish the idea of running outside wrapped in a towel in 50 F temps.


She looks MUCH happier than I would have, and she's
wearing a bikini which I usually don't wear when I'm
taking a shower in the gym. I'm glad I was able to rush
through and get out of there before I was stuck doing
a poor imitation of this. 


I have four new carpet samples sitting near my hearth mantle. I know which one I like, at least from seeing them last night and early this morning, but I want to see them in daylight too. I told DH he was forbidden from seeing them until daylight because he jumps to snap decisions. Two of the samples are VERY similar, but in the lamplight of evening, there is a distinct difference. One is way too dark, but Chara and I had decided to get the sample anyway, just in case. I'm glad we did because I now see for sure that I don't want it. Fabric samples for draperies should be arriving within two weeks. We're getting there.


By now I've looked at hundreds of carpet samples, all in shades
of grey. I'm hoping that one of the ones I got in the mail yesterday
suite DH. He's still rather go blue, but I want a neutral color. 


I'm starting to get a bit nervous about my Bead & Button classes. I haven't had the time to pick up a torch and do any serious silverwork for more than a year, and here I am wanting to create a hollow form ring and set it with intarsia stones in less than twelve hours. On a jeweler's bench that isn't my own. It's a bit frightening. I chose stones, but I'll have to cut down the pieces. Since DH has still to figure out the final steps in getting his trim saw set up, I'll have to use my own glass/stone saw to cut these. But I don't need huge pieces for the class, and spending extra time cutting there would be a complete waste of my time.


I'm starting to get a bit nervous about this project, even
though I have made hollow form rings before. But it's been a
while and I don't want to waste a lot of time with the
silverwork, preferring to spend my time working on the
intersia. Well, it'll all work out. 


So today I'm finally going to get a chance to get back to cataloging my books and working on some projects that I had to put aside for a variety of reasons over the past month. Hurrah for Wednesdays! I'm off to guppy myself awake. BTW - I admit that I really love having my tunes in the water with me. My underwater iPod was absolutely worth getting. So happy Wednesday to all. Enjoy your mid-week!


No comments: