Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Busy, Busy, Busy ...

It's my day off. Yeah, right! It snowed overnight so I have to shovel. Since I need to be at the gym by 5:00 am for Drowning Guppy day, I had decided to awaken at 3:00 am instead of my usual 3:15 am so as to give myself some time to shovel. But the plows rumbled by widening the streets at 2:30, waking me. I tossed and turned and finally gave up on sleep at 2:45 am. I know I'll be a wreck by the end of the week if I don't catch a nap this afternoon.


Sometimes taking a nap is the best thing to do. 


I need to get gas on the way to the gym because I have a 6:30 am appointment for Minion to get an oil change and whatever else may need to be done. It's frustrating to be under such a time run. I'll be fighting the clock until after my car appointment, but I'm sure there are other things on my agenda that will be equally dicey today. Argh!


This sounds about right. 


I must revise my LOTR Community story, it's due soon, and I really need to beta a chapter for my friend Iris who has been more than patient. Laundry, of course. Grocery shopping, of course. My afternoon conversation with Aearwen, of course and thank goodness. That's my relax time and a chance to chat with my sister of different mothers.


Arthur's family put up a photo montage of his early years on Vimeo.
If you haven't seen it already, here's the link. No current shots, but
a lot of pictures that remind me of my own middle-class childhood. 


And I'll be thinking of Fiondil this afternoon. If I recall correctly, his memorial service is scheduled for this afternoon and although I won't be there in person, I will certainly be there in thought.


Our snow was pretty light, so I really shouldn't complain.


So, no time to waste. I have a driveway to shovel, trash to gather, and a gym calling me. Have a great Wedneesday!

No comments: