Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Big Game - Advertisements

Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday. Now, for those of my friends in other lands, this may be a big yawn, or something that they don't care about at all. But in the US, this is an opportunity to watch TV for most of the day, eat foods that may or may not be good for us, and finally watch a game that we may or may not pay attention to.


This year it's the New England Patriots vs the Seattle Seahawks. 


Personally, I could care less which team wins - Tom Brady's New England Patriots, or Russel Wilson's Seattle Seahawks, but if push comes to shove, I guess I'll support Seattle since I have friends living in that area. But what I watch for on Super Bowl Sunday is - THE COMMERCIALS! I love media and marketing and the commercials introduced during this game are some of the most innovative and interesting ones ever. Not all of them - no, not even close. But there are true winners every year and I love watching them.


Budweiser commercials are among the best. This one, called "Puppy Love" was
a big hit. 


So my refrigerator is stocked with raw vegetables and dip, ground turkey and fixings for my southwestern dip, and a bit of bad - chicken wings and spinach and asparagus dip. DH is already complaining that I'm using ground turkey instead of ground beef (I admit that the sodium levels are higher with the turkey, but the calories are lower). He'a also complaining about a lack of breakfast for Sunday. I'll probably end up picking up a six-pack of eggs and some milk. I'm going to try and watch what I eat, though. I don't want to undo the efforts of January in a day of unthinking food choices.


One of the best all-time commercials first introduced at a Super Bowl was
the kid in a Darth Vadar outfit trying to use "the Force" and his father
using the remote control car starter. What a hoot! 


Have a great weekend.


No comments: