Saturday, September 6, 2014

It's A Weekend! Huzzah!

It's a weekend, and I only have one event to go to - Renaissance Festival on Sunday. It's a bit of a relief after the crazy schedule we had last weekend when we did multiple days at the State Fair followed by the Festival. I'm going to grab some photos that Chickie took to share last weekend with all of you. After all - it was a party for all of us.


Chickie went to the Fair on one of the first days
and got to hug Smoky Bear on the bear's 70th
birthday celebration day. A true bear hug! 



I rarely like photos of myself, but this one of me
hugging the winning Christmas tree wasn't bad.
Sandi, Tree Hugger - that's me, LOL. 



One of the items on exhibit at the State Fair in the Fine
Arts division was this lovely beaded necklace designed
and made by one of my customers. She was thrilled when
she received word that it had sold for a nice 4-digit sum. 



One of the best things about the MN State Fair
is sitting at the patio of O'Gara's and listening
to the bagpiper. This year, instead of drinking my
usual Guinness, I switched to Redd's Apple Ale.
Cool and refreshing on the hot days of the Fair. 



After three days of State Fair, we moved on to the Renaissance Festival. Here
we have three wicked ladies in full garb. From left: Sharon, my friend
of more than 40 years, that's me in the middle, and Chickie on the right. 



Chickie has been losing weight over the past two years and
going to the gym at the YMCA almost every day. Her old
Renaissance Fest outfit no longer fit, so she purchased this new
dress at the State Fair earlier in the week. It's a good one for
her Ren Faire trip. 



So what are you going to do this weekend? Here, Sharon and Chickie show
that good times are in your future...



Happy Weekend to all.


No comments: