Monday, July 21, 2014

Heat and My Crazy Weekend

Me: "What shall we do today after we're finished watching Le Tour for the morning?"

DH "Meh ... "

End Result - "It's 85 degrees outside with a heat index in the 90's. Let's cut down a tree!"


I love Monty Python and they did a fabulous song called
The Lumberjack Song by Monty Python
After a day lugging logs and tying bundles of branches in
beastly heat, DH and I are certainly modern-day
urban lumberjacks.


My muscles are complaining today but we did get a lot of work done and a tree down that he needed two people to accomplish. I'd rather not participate in many more joint exercises of this nature, please? I know I've mentioned in the past that I live on a heavily wooded lot. We're trying to get rid of some nuisance trees and clear others from the place where we want to put up a garden shed. Most weeks DH spends one or two days cutting down the smaller trees, but every now and again we need both of us so that we won't bring down electrical wiring or other things. This was one of those times. Eventually we hope to have our jungle back under control and improve the curb appeal of the house.


The riders on Le Tour still ride for a few hours on their rest day, but
not with the intensity of winning a stage, just to keep
the muscles primed. 


Today is a rest day for Le Tour. We enter the Pyrenees tomorrow and I can't wait! So here are a few mountain shots for all of you to brighten your day.

The Pyrenees Mountains are rugged with narrow and
twisting roads. The mountains form the border
between France and Spain. 


Lakes fed by snowmelt and multiple peaks
pushing into the sky - I do love the Pyrenees. 

This fabulous sculpture is "Le Tour de France dans les Pyrenees" by
Jean-Bertrand Metais and is located near Pau, an iconic locale for
Le Tour over its history. 


So, there you have it. A rest day for my sore muscles and those of the riders in Le Tour. Tomorrow we climb into the Pyrenees, but today we rest. Happy Monday to all!


No comments: