Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Camp, Cool and Chickie

A shorter than normal post today just to bring friends up to date with the crazy things happening around me.


You might want to consider Camp NaNoWriMo. The only word
amounts are set by you, you can work on anything or
any genre of your choosing, and if you want, just message
me and we can share a cabin. It's fun in the sun for July. 


First - Camp.  Today is the first day of Camp NaNoWriMo and I have decided to write a total of 10,000 words during the month. Since I have four drabbles, Ardor in August, and other miscellaneous items pending, not to count small plotlines and short stories I want to try and play with, I don't think a 10,000 word count will be difficult at all. If you are a last minute joiner for Camp this year, I have room in my cabin. There, Winterwitch and I as well as two unknowns (but fun, I'm sure) will be taking on our own writing projects for the month of July. Camp NaNoWriMo is low key, and I plan to just let my fellow campers take the canoes into the lake or gather at the Arts and Crafts cabin for Popsicle stick construction projects as they want. No pressure - that's the key to a successful Camp.


Our air conditioner needs to be replaced and that will happen this
morning. I can hardly wait to be comfortable in the shop once more. 


Second - Cool.  The air conditioner at the shop has been on the fritz and since our temps have been in the upper 70's in the shop, our customers have been uncomfortable (and it's affected sales in a not-so-good way). Our landlord did what he could on Friday but to no avail. He gave me the number of Don and suggested that I call him on Monday, which I did. Don determined that a valve in the compressor was cracked and that it wasn't worth repairing (because of the age of the system). He recommended replacement. I called my landlord again. He is arranging for a new A/C unit to be installed this morning. I can hardly wait. I think he's paying for it (at least I hope so because we don't have the spare cash). I just want my shop to be comfortable once more.


I'm really looking forward to "How to Train Your Dragon 2". It's no
"Despicable Me", but it comes close in my list
of favorite animated movies (along with "Kung-Fu Panda"). 


Third - Chickie.  Actually, this would more properly be entitled "Dragons" or "Movies", but I wanted to keep in the theme of the letter C as used in the blog title. Chickie and I are closing a bit early tonight, hopping into Minion, and booking out to the Marcus theatres for "How to Train Your Dragon 2". The only way we'll get there on time is if I close 15 minutes early. That's normally not a problem, but if I have a customer like I ended up with last night, it could be. Then again, she spent good money with us, was a lot of fun to meet and educate, and wants to teach her two daughters how to craft, so I wasn't going to rush her too badly. The movie tickets have been purchased and the seats are all reserved, so we just have to get there, get parked, and get in before it starts. Hopefully they'll have some previews before the film actually begins.


Time to get going. Coffee calls.....


Here's hoping your Tuesday is a bit less hectic than mine will be.  Have a glorious day!


No comments: