Monday, June 16, 2014

Did You Have A Great Weekend?

Taking away the fact that I had to work Saturday and that my weekend is generally only Sunday, my weekend was great. The weather was wonderful - the rain finally went away and the sun was shining, but the temps were still cool and comfortable and that made it perfect weather to ... (wait for it) ...


I have never understood how anyone could have a garage this clean. Although
ours is much better now, it still has equipment hanging from all walls, wood stacked against
the back wall several feet deep and machinery all over. We did manage to hang
the ladders in a better location, though. That was a huge step. 

Yes, cleaning.  DH had started cleaning on Thursday but stopped when he got to the back end of the garage, realizing that he needed help. So Sunday arrived and by 9:00 am we were moving things and cleaning.

The process comprised of pulling my car out onto the driveway, pulling everything off the back side into the open space, and rearranging, moving, sweeping, moving more, etc. We worked on it from 9:00 am until 4:15 pm with a single break for a cup of coffee. WHEW! It was a lot of work. Lots of wood got moved from one place to another and I managed to convince my hubby, the wood hoarder, that he really didn't need to keep all of the small pieces he had leftover from his larger projects. The garbage bucket, recycling bucket and yard waste buckets are completely filled with more waiting after Wednesday's pickup. I'm going to be pushing things just to get my house garbage bag for the week into/on top of the bin. I also have a carload of larger trash that I'm taking to work with me to put into the commercial trash bin there. I'm hoping I'll have room today, but that bin gets collected every two days, so I won't have to wait long.

My garbage bins are resembling these - overfilled and unable
to accept anything else. Wednesday is garbage day. I can hardly
wait for empty bins to start filling them with the next load. 

I have more space, though, and I'm not tripping over boxes of wood, and the garbage bins have a bit more space too. I'm not entirely sure of what we accomplished, but it was a good day's work. After showering (we were absolutely covered with dust from head to toe) we went to Grumpy's for a quick meal and a beer, then home to veg out in front of the TV.

A DQ Blizzard is the perfect treat for a hot summer day. Even though
our temperatures were temperate yesterday, it was still a just reward
for a job well done. 

I did break down and go buy us Dairy Queen Blizzards (Hawaiian for him and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup for me) which was the perfect end to the day. What amazed me is that DH and I managed to do this huge operation and we didn't argue. That's rather rare and certainly made for a more enjoyable day of labor. The work week ahead looks rather easy compared to moving large sheets of plywood from one corner to another.

Have a wonderful and semi-relaxing Monday.

No comments: