Friday, January 3, 2014

Back To Reality - Losing Weight "Again"

It was absolute heaven to have two days in a row off. DH and I decompressed and I got most of my closet moved back in from the den (happy, happy me!). Although we had discussed a turkey for New Year's, I ended up making a pot roast instead - so good! And on Thursday we finally got some shopping done - Target and a calendar for DH at Barnes & Noble along with a stop for fabulous pizza at Old Chicago. Yum! But I'm officially declaring the holiday OVER!


Yes, I could see myself in this progression. But it's going to
take work, dedication, and commitment.


I'm tired of the holiday and think it's time to get back to an even keel. I gained 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years. I know I can get them off again, but it's frustrating to have that extra weight back on again. Still, starting today it's back to common sense food and that's just fine with me. In fact, it will make me very happy indeed.


I want my scale to be my friend again, so back to the
grindstone and watching everything that I eat. 


My local health club is offering their once-a-year fabulous membership deal, and I'm sorely tempted to join. The problem is the time. So last night as I was settling down to sleep, I was thinking..."OK. So if I continue to wake at 3:15 am and leave the house around 6:00 am, I can get my coffee and oatmeal and relax or write until 7:15 am - 7:30 am, then go to the health club for 8:00 am - 9:00 am and then to the shop in time to open it ... BUT, if I have a mail order I need to mail, or an extra chapter I need to pound out, or...or...or. Feh!" No, it just doesn't work into my morning if I want to continue writing and that's primary, so I'm out of luck for another year and that doesn't make me very happy. I will tour the facility one more time, though, just to get another look at what they have and how it might work for me in the future.


Lifetime Fitness is quite close to my house and would be pretty
convenient. If I didn't have to go to work. But I just don't see
how it can work realistically into my schedule yet. 


So I'll be losing my weight the harder way - diet only with minimal exercise. I wish that exercising my brain counted as physical exercise...but it doesn't and never will.


"Food, glorious food..."
I hear voices singing in my head - LOL. 


I hope that all of my friends had a fabulous New Year and that you also are ready to make 2014 a year of great accomplishments both personal and throughout the world that we all share. Start today by making someone's day really happy. Why not? Just one smile can cascade and light up the day for many people.

No comments: