Thursday, November 28, 2013

Time Compressed and Happy Thanksgiving

My best intentions fell apart yesterday. I hit the ground running, having to do a load of laundry before I left the house at 6:00 am. My goal was to get my writing in first, then continue with the rest of my chores. I had to decorate the store for the holidays, post our holiday hours signs, cut the bag inserts that we put in to inform people about our expanded hours for the next four weeks, and pick up milk, bacon bits and the two pies I had ordered. After this I needed to get a mop that DH needed for the ceilings in the house we've been fixing up, and I hoped to get to Groundswell to get some more writing in. Somewhere in all of that I was going to write my blog.


Stay flexible, that way you can sometimes land on your feet.


Best laid plans, etc, etc.


Remember...Save Your Work.


I got the groceries and baked goods and the mop. I wrote BUT - BIG BUT - I forgot to save. Yikes! I arrived at Groundswell to continue working on the portion I had started that morning, and realized it was nowhere to be seen, nor were the pictures and links I had put into my research section to give me visual cues as I wrote. I was appalled! I was astonished! I was quite frustrated. So even though Amy showed up to write, I sat with here for a little bit as I put my laptop away and finished my coffee, offered my apologies, and left. I hoped that the original chapter was still on my desktop, but no. It wasn't. I ended up rewriting most of the chapter yesterday afternoon *sigh*. Not the end of the world, but it was annoying.


I totally ran out of time to post yesterday's blog! I'm SO SORRY!


I also didn't get my blog posted yesterday AT ALL! I'm so very sorry. I'm usually better organized than this, but time has a habit of compressing sometimes.


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.


So today is Thanksgiving Day here in the US, and I have my turkey in the oven, my stuffing and mashed potatoes ready to go, my corn and broccoli ready to cook, and my pies, picked up yesterday, ready to eat. Someone can just roll me to work tomorrow morning - LOL. I'm going to get some writing done and relax, letting the oven do the work for me until I start basting the bird.


There are many views on Thanksgiving, but I subscribe to the viewpoint
that a gathering of friends and family sharing a good meal is always a
wonderful thing. Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. 


I treasure my friends and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have been given to meet each of you on-line, and some of you in real life. I am grateful for all of the help, comments, and assistance you have given me with my writing. I am grateful for the small windows into each other's lives you have allowed me to share, and I wish each and every one of you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

No comments: