Saturday, November 9, 2013

NaNo Flip Days 7 and 8 - A Quick Flip

I really wanted to get a post on Thursday or Friday night, but it just didn't happen. I needed to get a chapter beta-read for my friend in Germany that I was WAY overdue on, and last night I needed to spend some time with DH, watching the finale of Master Chef Junior before I could peel out and get my work done. By the time I finished that, I ran to bed to get some sleep. So, the best laid plans ... yadda, yadda, yadda.


I wanted to post my blog every night, but good intentions don't always
result in success. 


The novel is going well, although I'm more than 20,000 words into it and still have a long way to go. This will be much longer than 100,000 by the time I'm finally finished and ready for revision, but the process is smooth and so-far, trouble-free. Whether it is actually worth the effort, whether the novel will actually hold together and be interesting to anyone other than me when it is complete is anyone's guess. But I'm enjoying the process of writing even while it's turning my schedule on its head.


I still have a long way before I try to find a publisher
for my NaNoWriMo novel, but I have to have hope.


I'm also mentally designing my solstice cards for this year. Yes ... I know I'm crazy. It's not like I don't have enough things on my plate. The last two months of the year are the busiest of my year, I work Sundays in December, and I do NaNo in November and in between all of that, I want to design, print and send Solstice cards to my friends. All I can say is that I want to do this, but I'm also warning everyone that the cards will probably be late. I'm going to try my best, though.




So, on this day where I still have to get things done before leaving for the coffee shop and more word count, I'm signing off with a nice whirlwind picture.


Isn't life in calm seas just too boring? 


Yes, I live in the center of the storm. Have a great weekend!

No comments: