Thursday, November 14, 2013

NaNo Flip Days 12, 13 & 14 - Pushing the Envelope

Words continue to be written, my characters continue to tell me what they want me to write, and I'm STILL not over the next mountain pass and on toward the three most important venues of my story. I see long days and more months in my future, but damn, it's so FUN.


I'm becoming expert at multitasking.


Tuesday was normal - 2000 words in the morning. I did a quick load of laundry at 4:00 am because I wanted to attend a NaNo write-in at a local coffee shop on Wednesday, so needed to get some of my Wednesday errands done early. I posted e-birthday cards for friends, get coffee and oatmeal, go to the shop, work. But I had planned on posting my blog that night and Face-Off messed me up by having a special episode of the judges' Top Twenty make-ups made during the first five seasons of the show. I had to watch. Thus, no blog.


The Tim Burton-styled Bell Boy was one of my
favorite make-ups from last season and the judges loved
it too. It was one of the top 20 looks that they chose to
showcase in Tuesday's special show. 


Wednesday I started out by putting my second load of laundry in the washer and dryer while I wrote my first 2000 words for the day. I set a goal of wanting to write 5000 words for the day, but had no idea if it would work or not. As it turned out, I wrote about 4200 words, so not quite as much as my goal, but still a nice cushion to fall back on.


I loved this sculpture of birds above one of the cremains niche walls
that are featured throughout the cemetery. It was stunning
and played so proudly in the late fall sunshine.


I wandered all around Roselawn Cemetery for my picture-of-the-week group whose theme was "Remember". My in-laws are buried here, so I visited their gravesite and talked with them for a bit while I was in the area. The cemetery itself is totally lovely for a modern burial garden.


Groundswell Coffee is three large rooms, exceptional food, grunge tables
with full metal chairs that are incredibly sturdy, lots of electrical outlets, and
did I mention great food? I'm really looking forward to going back for
next Wednesday's NaNoWriMo Write-in. 


At 11:00 am I went to the coffee shop to meet others for the write-in. It took most of an hour before I finally identified them, but I had a pleasant hour+ with Emily, Amy and ?? (I'm so bad with names until I've met people several times). I decided to leave early because I still had quite a bit to do, so I left, went to the grocery store for good stuff, and went home to put the third load of laundry in, change sheets on the beds, and do the other things I need to do on Wednesdays.


I so rarely oversleep, this threw me off my schedule BIG TIME!


So up to this point I was on track. Then today I woke up and things just felt wrong. I picked up my cell phone to check the time and it was 5:54 am! OMG! I usually leave the house shortly after 6:00 am and I had ten minutes to pull this off. What about my 2000 words? I threw clothes on in record time after a quick sponge bath, threw my yogurt into my lunch bag along with my blue ice, and took off for my coffee shop. I set my laptop up in a corner there, had my oatmeal and coffee, and by 7:45 am I had my 2000 words down and was leaving for the shop. I didn't get a chance of getting to any of my emails, though. So after I post this, I'm going to get to work catching up on some of my emails. Hopefully tomorrow won't be quite as frenetic as the last three days have been.

No comments: