Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween/Blessed Samhain

Today is Halloween. I'm dressed in my long black velvet dress, wearing my spider earrings and will put on my long red-haired wig before I leave for the day. Add in a staff of pussy willows, spider pins, and mismatched socks and I think I'll make a convincing "fun" witch. I wish I was skinnier - this dress shows every overweight curve, but I am as I am. I considered wearing my hockey jersey and carrying a hockey stick with my hat of pins - I can make a very good fangirl. But...my "Morticia" is what I originally wanted to wear and I decided to go ahead with it, overweight or not.


I loved the original "Addams Family". They were just perfect. Gomez and
the tango, speaking French, Lurch and Thing, and Cousin It. I loved them all.


It is the time of the year when the veil between our modern world and the spirit world becomes translucent. Whether you believe in ghosts or just lost a friend or loved one over this past year, it is a good time to sit down and think about those who have passed. I'll be thinking about my parents and my in-laws today, especially my father-by-marriage who only passed a few months ago. Don't forget those who have gone before, but acknowledge and honor them by remembering them. As long as they are remembered, they have never truly died.


I adore cemeteries and statuary. This weeping angel is
quite lovely.


And for those of you who do believe in ghosts, I hope you have an opportunity to indulge in some ghost hunting over the next day or two. You never know what you may find around the next corner.


Do you believe in ghosts?


We're in the middle of a foggy morning and a relatively (for Minnesota) mild day, so I'm quite sure I'll have trick-or-treaters at my door tonight. Although I do have a family with young children who moved in next door to me, my costumed revelers are usually from the nearby Christian college and they are fun, happy, and very sweet. I hope they like spiders - the spiders who live in my house siding have been very busy building nice webs near my front door lately.


Spider webs can be wonderfully spooky.


Just a reminder - NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow, so this is my last morning blog post for most of the next month.


Have a fun Halloween and a Blessed Samhain.


Have a joy-filled Halloween and a Blessed Samhain.

No comments: