Saturday, April 6, 2013

Angels - A Photographic Voyage

Why angels? Well, why not? People have a variety of thoughts about angels ranging from innocent cherubim to the fearsome warriors of God. Almost every culture and religion has had angels of some type and they've been pictured in paintings and in sculpture for thousands of years. I thought I would share some angel pictures with you today. To me angels are puissant warriors and really rather frightening. The sweet angels of much Medieval art don't seem to hover around my house...

I love his messy wings.

He is closer to my inner view of an Angel - dangerous
with a sharp weapon and killer skills.

Angel or winged demon...I leave it up to you...

At the Final Battle. This is closer to my image - huge wings
allowing for extreme maneuverability, a weapon wielded by
experienced hands and a reason to use it.

Don't waste my time with simpering weak angels. Give me the warriors every time.




No comments: