Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday! So Needed...So Wanted...So Welcome!

So, it's Friday. I mention the obvious just in case you were a brain-dead zombie when you awakened this morning and turned on your computer in search of the appropriate designation for this glorious day. It's Friday. Now, for most of you that will mean that you are at the end of your work week. It doesn't mean that for me because my work week doesn't end until 5pm tomorrow, but I'll be happy with Friday. After all, I'm one day closer to my "weekend" than I was yesterday.




Today is the final day of my Creative Writing course. I've really learned a lot and I have enjoyed the class a great deal. It's not information that isn't out there, but it is information that I needed to remind myself about. When I look back over my writing and student history, I don't think I ever had much of a grounding in the actual structure of writing, plot development, character exploration, point of view, etc. Of course I am a voracious reader and have been all of my life, so much of what I needed to be able to write well I have absorbed by reading tens of thousands of books. But I did find taking an organized course to be very helpful as well. If any of my readers are thinking about taking an on-line continuing education course, if my experience is anything to go by, I recommend it.




I didn't have much time to continue with my own story revisions last night. I owed the latest chapter to my ESL friend for whom I do beta work, and worked on her story instead of my own. But I did get another page or two done. I'm almost caught up with the POV revisions and can then settle down to continuing the story through the last two weeks of its timeline. I do have to admit, though, that I like the flow of the story much better since I did the POV change, and I think it reads much better. I have to get finished with this, though, so that I can start the formal editing (yes, it has to go through at least one more serious edit before it is fit for other eyes) and begin work on the other stories that I've committed to. Or perhaps I should just revise my life's motto to read: "I should be committed!" Happy Friday, all y'all!

No comments: